Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, December 22, 2024

Boy, Did I Mess Up My Kids

It was gingerbread day at our house and apparently my dabbling in gingerdead men a few years back has totally messed up my kids. I take full responsibility there. I had no idea it would become such a tradition around here. And to be honest, I will probably bear the blame for messing up generations of young ones yet to come. Nevertheless, we always have a jolly time on gingerbread day. 😉

So here they are in order of least to most disturbing:

Nathan created a benign hobbit hole from middle earth, round green door and everything. You can almost see Bilbo coming up the path.


Daniel's sleigh is running down some Christmas trees. It started off as more of a traditional scene, but when the tree refused to stand up, Daniel shifted gears and Santa’s sleigh, sans driver, went off road.


Malia made a giant holding a ginger boy who just had his head ripped off, loads of blood and everything. She also created a monster house that while happy to see her, was a bit on the creepy side. And then she took her exhausted teenager body to the couch and took a nap rather than making her house stand up. 


My abominable snow monster chasing some innocent gingerfolk was modeled after the monster in the classic stop motion version of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. I even had Rudolph and a snowman but including them would have resulted in a very cramped front yard, so they were cut prior to the final version. 


And last but not least, Matthew's Vlad the Impaler replica. His was another scene that morphed into something just a little bit creepier than where he started. Originally the half man was hanging out of the mouth of a giant, but the giant refused to stand up, so Matthew ate him. I guess that is an example of life imitating art! 

I’m a good mom, I swear. Just don’t judge us based on our gingerbread. 😂🤪🤣

No comments: