Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, October 30, 2023

C is for COOKIE!!

I love cookies. If given a choice between a delicious cookie or a bowl of ice cream, I’m going to choose the cookie. All bets are off if it is a mediocre cookie, but if it is a perfectly baked combination of crisp exterior and chewy interior with the amazing flavor to back up the right texture, I’m going to go for the cookie. Cookies are often at the top of my stress eating list as well, with the baking of said cookies being an important part of the experience. But since I know that about myself, most of the time when I get all stressed and want to bake, I can opt not to which is generally the healthier option. And now that you know a little bit more about me than you probably want to, let me introduce our last Halloween themed treat for this year.

There are three distinct reasons these cookies can claim the moniker “monster.”

Monstrous Quality #1:

A monster cookie is actually a flavor of cookie the same way a snickerdoodle is a flavor of cookie. The traditional monster cookie features peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips and M&M’s. Our version uses almond butter, oatmeal and three flavors of chocolate chips-dark, semi-sweet and white. It’s our allergen free version of the traditional recipe.

Monstrous Quality #2:

These cookies are massive. Seriously, I’ve never baked a single serve cookie this big before. I’ve made bar cookies, cookie pizzas, and cookie cakes, but I’ve never slapped a baseball-sized chunk of cookie dough on a baking sheet with the intention of it being consumed by one person. 

Monstrous Quality #3:

Eyeballs. And monster-colored sprinkles. Because it can’t be a proper Halloween treat without looking the part. šŸ˜‰ 

Now that we have clarified this particular cookie’s claim to its name, let’s talk about how they taste. They were good, very rich though, and honestly, one cookie could easily feed two people. The outside was crisp, and the inside was just barely baked which made them super yummy. I would make them again. And we most definitely have leftovers. It might take us the rest of the week to finish the batch!




No comments: