Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, October 2, 2023

It Was a Graveyard Smash!

 As October approaches each year, I start trolling the internet for new fun food ideas. There are always more themed treats than I can cover in a month of FHE treats, but part of the fun is deciding which ones to include in this year’s assortment. Ever since I found an egg free high altitude brownie recipe that actually works, I like to do something with brownies in October. Part of that is because I have a not Matthew friendly white chocolate brownie recipe that I really love, and it gives me an excuse to make them for myself while still providing him with a similar treat. Another part is because there seem to be so many cute ideas for gussying up brownies!

This year’s brownie art is a classic graveyard scene. I saw a multitude of different versions of these, so I took all my favorite ideas, ditching the ones that aren’t safe for my kids (like those little candy pumpkins-Matthew and Malia can never eat those), and came up with a design I am super happy with. I even bought a special chocolate mold so I could make tiny white chocolate bones. That part was so fun!

Stay tuned for more creepy cuisine! There are five Mondays this month which means I get to choose and create a bonus creepy treat!


No comments: