Pancakes! My original fun food medium! It wouldn’t be Halloween without them!
I have an almond poppyseed muffin recipe that uses sour cream (or in our case, fake sour cream). I hadn’t made them for a long while, but at one point last year Malia requested them so I dusted off the recipe and whipped some up. I had forgotten how soft, tender and delicious those little nuggets were and it came as no surprise that thereafter they became one of my family’s most often requested muffin varieties (along with the apple muffins I make that feature loads of shredded apple with just enough batter to hold it all together). After being reminded of the benefits of adding sour cream to quick breads, I went looking for a pancake recipe that incorporated the ingredient. It was a variation that was super easy to find, of course, so I selected a promising one and gave it a whirl.
With just one sampling, that pancake recipe became my family’s favorite. We eat a lot more pancakes than muffins, especially since the establishment of Pancake Fridays during the Covid shutdown, and this recipe is on the menu more often than any other. As such, it seemed perfectly natural to turn to the greatly loved sour cream pancake recipe when contemplating this year’s Halloween pancake creation.
Delicious sour cream pancakes were the first perk associated with this morning’s pancake shaped homage to Halloween. The second was the delightful flavor combination of strawberry and kiwi. I’m not always a fan of the artificial versions of this particular duo, but homemade strawberry jam and fresh kiwi are wonderful together! The third perk to this morning’s creations? I got to tell Malia to eat her eyeballs. 😂

No comments:
Post a Comment