Often, I get my inspiration for fun food from the internet. Once in a while, I come up with clever ideas all on my own. And sometimes my inspiration is a combination of the two. Today’s edible ode to autumn was an idea sparked by an image I saw of a cupcake decorated to look like a pumpkin. My thought process was, “Mmm…I’ll bet I could make a pumpkin cookie that looks like a pumpkin…” And thus, an idea was born.
I used the pumpkin cookie recipe we already love and used a toothpick to create the grooves in the pumpkin prior to baking. The cooled cookies were sandwiched with a bit of tinted cream cheese frosting and details added with some pretzel sticks and a bit of fancy piping. The leaves were my favorite. So easy with a frosting tip and so cute!
The house smelled delicious all morning, like cinnamon and pumpkin. I made Kevin and Nathan, who were home for the baking and basked in the aroma, wait all day to sample our goodies. And when the time came to consume my art, none of us were disappointed. They were delightful. And fun food is always so much fun to eat! The only thing I would do differently next time would be to decrease the amount of frosting used to sandwich the cookies. It was a bit too much for our tastes and made them too sweet. But other than that, these little cuties were a complete success!


No comments:
Post a Comment