Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, October 28, 2022

Bloody Good

(Yes, I’m aware that my title is a British cuss. Once the title occurred to me, I couldn’t think of anything else, so I went with it. 😂)

With so many seasonally themed treats on the menu this month, I turned to a slightly healthier option and one of my all-time favorite fun food mediums-the pancake. This is probably one of the easiest themed pancakes I’ve ever created, yet it was still highly entertaining and incredibly tasty. One of my favorite pancake recipes paired with some well strained strawberry syrup and a steak knife and breakfast was served. 

My originally blood syrup was a bit on the thin side and lighter in color than I wanted, but a quick reworking to add just a touch of cornstarch to increase viscosity and a drop or two of red food coloring made the effect quite a bit more striking. 

Over the years my kiddos have come to expect some random things from me. In addition, they know that I will have a need to take pictures of the edible art I enjoy creating. And I love that Malia is always good for a maniacal face.

No comments: