So imagine my delight when I discovered these in my front yard:

We've also found tulips, lilies, daylilies (we think), hyacinth, one random red grape hyacinth, stalks that may possibly be some sort of daisy, and a number of other growths that although very scraggly looking appear more plant-like than weed-like. It is exciting to know that there are some plants that we may actually want in the yard and not just thistles (which we have in spades) and other enemies. In spite of these marvelous discoveries, there is definitely a lot of work to be done. When I think of the yard as a whole, I get a wee bit overwhelmed so I am taking things one step at a time. (Baby steps clean up the yard, baby steps clean up the yard, baby steps clean up the yard . . .) First task, identify the unknowns and decide if they are keepers or killers. Second task, Roundup as many enemies as possible!
1 comment:
Buying a house when the yard is covered in snow will lead to many surprises. Good luck with your yard. By the way, your house is so cute! And red is my favorite color, too. :)
Post a Comment