Nathan was playing outside this afternoon and when I looked out, besides him I saw six little boys. When he came in I asked where they all came from. Two live across the street (these ones I already knew about), and according to Nathan, two are from next door and the other two are from the two houses diagonally across the street. It would appear that we picked a good spot, at least where friends for little boys are concerned.
The day before our big move, we brought a load of stuff over and met the two little boys across the street (Their mom sent their dad to help us carry boxes-nice neighbors!). Nathan got to play for a little bit and in the nature of small children, they were all perfectly at ease from the start. When we arrived the next day, I saw those two little boys watching our car come down the street. By the time we pulled up at the house, they were standing on the curb waving. Before I could even turn the car off, they were knocking on the window asking if Nathan could play. I'm so glad we arrived in a neighborhood where there are lots of children to be friends with.
I grew up with a big herd of girls who were all the same age as me (The infamous Lisa of the Wicked tickets for one!) and feel like I was very blessed to have the friendship and support of all those girls. I really hope that my children can have the same opportunity to make good friends, friends they can trust and count on, friends who will be around forever. Moving onto a street jam packed with little boys seems like a good place to start.
Now if only I could make friends that easily . . .
2 comments:
I know how you feel. You are awesome, though, so someone is bound to notice! ;)
I excited for you and your new house! It must feel wonderful to have that much space! I am really dreading moving again after i read you moving posts, though. :(
Post a Comment