Self-Improving Quote of the Day
- "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I'm Feeling A Little . . . Green
Last night was bad. It was so bad it was evil. In fact, it was so evil that it was downright "Wicked." Kev and I (and Patti and David, Rachael and Dave, and Esther) had to opportunity to go see "Wicked." We purchased our tickets a year ago (Thanks again Lisa! You rock!) and sometimes when you look forward to something for that long, when you finally get there it is not as fabulous as the anticipation built it up to be and you come away feeling a little flat. That was definitely not the case last night! We laughed, we cried (even Esther, the stoic one who usually sits back and mocks those of us who blubber a lot, shed a few tears), we cheered. We had a wonderful time! We ran into Tara and Jeff from the old ward (which by the way, I miss all you ladies!) and wonderful Hollie and her hubby. It was one of those evenings that passed much to quickly. In addition to the wonderful music and the visual spectacle of the show, it was fun to see how many little nods to the movie and the original book were included. Those crazy long-necked guys in Wizamania? They're called Hammerheads and although not in the movie, are characters from the original novel. I would go back again tonight if I could!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Man! I'm a little jealous..
I'm glad you loved it - and it makes me want to be able to go sometime as well.
We had so fun! I think Defying Gravity was one of my favorite songs! It was great to see you. We miss you.
Tara
i want to see wicked SOOOOO bad! lucky lady!!!! glad you had a blast. some day i will go see it and then we can talk more haha.
I want to go back too. It was so good. A dream come true to see WICKED! I am glad you were able to go and that I was able to help you get the tickets. I just wish I would have bought more so I could see it again.
Oh and by the way thanks for telling us about the Hammerheads. I was trying to figure out that connection.
I'm so glad you got to see Wicked! It is so fabluous I wish it was still in Chicago so we could go see it one more time before we move!
Post a Comment