We have hard water out here. It doesn't come out of the faucet brown or anything, but still, it is almost chew worthy. I always thought my mom had hard water at her house, but her water has nothing on mine. Growing up with my mom's version of hard water (it
is hard, just not rock hard) made me think that people who installed water softeners were just rich folks who wanted to be pampered. Regular folks like us just dealt with it. Besides, how hard could water be? It is liquid after all. But now I'm singing a different song. Glasses came out of the dishwasher dirtier than they went in. I kid you not. The obviously "before" glass is straight out of the dishwasher and I did in fact use a rinse aid so this one is only about half as bad as the first few batches. They came out completely cloudy and gritty as well. I was hand washing nearly all the glasses after they came out of the dishwasher just so I could stand to drink from them. So there was a happy dance when the water softener was up and running and the glasses came out shiny and new. Other fun benefits of soft water include super soft hair and hands that are not dry and cracked.

I think I'm quickly on my way to becoming a soft water snob.
1 comment:
Someday I too, will be in the hard water snob club. Alas. I do miss it so.
Post a Comment