Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Best Anniversary Present Ever

In lieu of the traditional gift of tin that comes with a tenth anniversary, I got shelter instead . . . and a second bathroom. Here is the guided tour (just ignore all the obvious signs that we are still unpacking):

This is the living room. For those who helped us move, aren't you glad you didn't have to heft the piano?

I still find myself working in one little corner of the kitchen because I forget that I have a nice big counter!

There is no carpet in the dining area! Woo-triple-hoo!!


I have a nice big room . . .

. . . and a huge tub that's all mine! (Plus, the bathroom is red. What's not to love?)

The boys have their own bathroom that I will in fact clean if any of you intend to come over since it usually smells like little boy x3. How is it that even fresh out of the shower little boys still have that very distinctive boy smell?

We let Daniel and Nathan choose a color for one wall in their rooms. When you stand at the end of the hall, you can see the yellow of Daniel's wall reflecting into the hall.

The sky was here when we bought the house and Nathan decided he liked it so that became his one wall.

The extra cool thing about this ceiling is that there are tiny stars, a moon, and the milky way all very tactfully painted in glow in the dark paint. Some of you may think it is just dorky, but we love it! We didn't discover it until a couple of days after we moved.

This is the only "before" picture you really need to see. Recognize the sky? I just have no idea what they were thinking pairing it with those stripes, which by the way, if you look really closely at the white wall you can still see the shadow of the stripes even after five coats of primer and paint.

Our downstairs family room has a gas fireplace (my favorite kind since I'm not fond of the smell of smoke) . . .

. . . and is big enough that there is plenty of room for the boys to play.

Well, there you have it. Home sweet chaotic home. But I don't think it would feel like my home if everything was calm all the time!

3 comments:

Tiff Keetch said...

Yay Shauna! Despite the fact that I wont see you nearly as often, I'm so excited for you guys! And your house is beautiful! I'm loving the red wall, (we've both shared how much we love the color red..)

Love the gorgeous kitchen and all the awesome granite!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home you have. I can't wait to come see it in person.

Megan said...

you better have some sort of a get together as an excuse for all of us ladies to come over and check out your beautiful new home~ i love it~ i especially love the dino shower curtaint. oh yeah.

i feel sorry for little mattthew. so did it work? has he learned his lesson?