Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Tidbit of Good News

Yesterday was Nathan's latest appointment with the eye doctor. He has been patching since September with no improvement, so we were desperately hoping for good news. The vision in his lazy eye has been 20/100 with his glasses on and yesterday he finally showed some improvement. His eye is starting to "wake up" (as Nathan describes it) and has vision of about 20/70. I was relieved beyond words and all the doctors and techs were very excited. I was a bit confused about why they were so happy (surely he is not the first lazy eye patient to start to get better) until I was told that if there had been no improvement, he was at the point where there was nothing else to be done and he would become one of the small percentage for whom treatment didn't work. I'm so grateful they didn't tell me that at our last appointment. From here we soldier on for two more months and then check back with the doctor to see where he is. Thankfully our prayers have been heard and at last he is headed in the right direction.

(Big sigh of relief)

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for both you and Nathan. Good luck in the coming months!

Parrylarious said...

I often wonder if someone had told us how many ways our children's lives would bring us to our knees, if we would have had the courage to do it; not knowing the magnificent joy that comes along with all the trial and worry!

Good Luck with Nathan's eyes. I hope it all goes well over the next little while.

Holt's in da House said...

Grand news! Keep talking nice to your eye, Nathan, and it will get alllllll better! :) XOXO