Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, February 27, 2009

Shootin’ Some Hoops

On six Saturdays in January and February, Nathan participated in a basketball for beginners class at the local rec center. He had a great time and Kev and I found that having an outlet for all his energy helped prevent explosions of temper throughout the entire week. Nathan is now officially better at basketball than I am (which isn’t even remotely hard to do) and was tickled pink that on his last day of class he actually made a basket. And let me just say that whoever plans these classes really knows how to boost a kid’s self esteem. I don’t know anyone that wouldn’t feel like a million bucks after being presented with a certificate and a trophy. Guess what Nathan took to school when it was his turn for the show-and-tell bag?



He informs us that he would like to try soccer next. And I’m inclined to let him try whatever sport he wants. It seems to really help the middle-child-syndrome.

No comments: