Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I Love To See The Temple

Last night we took Daniel and Nathan to the open house of the new temple. Although the wait was longer than any of us wanted, at least we were waiting inside a nice warm church building instead of outside like I remember doing when I was a child. It was nice to be able to take the boys inside a temple and show them all the special rooms and talk a bit about what happens there. Daniel was especially intrigued by the baptismal font and the twelve oxen. Nathan took special note of the stained glass. He thought it was very pretty. As we walked out of the sealing room at the end of our tour, Nathan said, "I felt the Holy Spirit so strong it made me sad." At times the Spirit brought tears to my eyes as well. I think it's wonderful that he can identify what he is feeling at such a young age (Way to go, Primary Presidency! You guys rock!).

1 comment:

Holt's in da House said...

Thanks for sharing that - I loved it!