Daniel and Nathan have heartily enjoyed having their own apartment with roommates they selected rather than living in the dorms with the “luck of the draw” roomies. They have settled in well over the past four months and to them, Logan is now home, and my home is where they visit. I’m totally ok with that, by the way. As Kev says, “Home is where your stuff is.” And as I say, “Home is where your life is.” And Logan is the answer to both of those things for my two oldest sons. When they were home (my home that is 😁) for Thanksgiving, they informed us that they intended to buy a cheap Christmas tree for their apartment. As soon as they got back to Logan after the last of the family Thanksgiving gatherings, they headed to the Walmart. Once they returned home with their tree, they turned on “A Muppet Christmas Carol” and began to deck the halls of their little abode. Over the past week they have shared their progress, and it has been fun to see! For a while Daniel’s Tardis ornament was the only one on their tree, but a visit to Hobby Lobby and some crafting with markers and garbage (because according to Nathan, they are too poor for anything else) filled out their décor.
Nathan also left Herriman with his very own Pringles can sized Christmas tree. Daniel got a similar package on his mission, but Nathan returned home from Texas without spending a Christmas season away. I’m a huge fan of planning in advance though, so his tree was pretty much complete by the time he came home. He was living at home last Christmas, so he didn’t need his own little tree. I tucked it away and gave it to him this year which means he has a tiny tree all his own on his desk as well.
I’m so glad they are making their house a home! The years when my roomies and I liked each other enough to decorate and dig into the holidays like that were generally better years, so I take their desire to decorate as proof that they are happy with their living arrangements.


No comments:
Post a Comment