Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, December 3, 2023

Old-Timer

Daniel has officially entered the realm of adulthood. It’s not that he wasn’t considered a legal adult when he turned 18 or that he could have gotten legally drunk at 21, but at the ripe old age of 23, he has begun making his own birthday cake. I’ve been doing that for years so that I can get exactly what I want and then share it with my food allergy kids, but Daniel has not needed to bake for himself all that often. But today he pulled out the recipe and made his all-time favorite Swedish Swirl Cake to celebrate his special day. And because they are roommates, Nathan got to share Daniel’s creation. I don’t know if being 23 makes Daniel feel old, but having Daniel turn 23 definitely makes me feel old!

In addition to cake (and a birthday present that will be delivered tomorrow that Daniel doesn’t know about yet),  Nathan convinced the bishopric to sing “You’ve Had a Birthday” to Daniel in Sunday School, so we have been reassured that Daniel was sufficiently celebrated. 😂

No comments: