The Logan institute choir was invited to sing for this evening’s session of general conference. Daniel has been singing with the institute choir the entire time he has been at USU and has loved it. It has been one of those places where he can relax, let go of some of his worries for a while, and let the Spirit flow. When he found out they had been invited to sing, he was super excited but not certain that he would be invited to participate. When news about the invite got around, interest in the choir suddenly increased exponentially. There were so many people who were interested in singing for conference that they had to hold auditions. Daniel told us there were about 1600 people who auditioned for the coveted 360 seats, but he’s a guy and he can sing, so I didn’t think he would have too trouble getting in, and that turned out to be completely accurate.
This ended up being a great experience for Daniel. Not only did he have a wonderful time, but he found new meaning in one of the hymns they sang, one of which he had not been particularly fond of before this choir experience. Memorizing the lyrics and rehearsing regularly allowed the meaning of “Jesus, Once of Humble Birth” to sink into his heart. I love how music does that. I have always believed that music can convey the Spirit in ways that nothing else can, and I also believe that because of its ability to invite the Spirit, music has the power to change the hearts both of those who hear and those who perform. I’m so glad Daniel continues to find joy in music and for this amazing opportunity that he had. I hope it will always be remembered with joy!


No comments:
Post a Comment