Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, March 31, 2023

Premature Bunnies

With Easter nearly upon us, my mind has turned to fun food. I didn’t have the time or energy to do a whole month’s worth of themed treats this year, but any holiday deserves a themed pancake of some sort. Matthew and Malia are currently out of school for Spring Break, so we jumped the gun just a bit and did your Easter themed breakfast today rather than next week. Doing so meant we had the luxury of more time than we would have on a school day. And we needed a bit more time because crepes take a bit longer to cook since I can only cook two at a time instead of the six standard pancakes I can slap on the griddle all at once. But the cooking was the only part that was time consuming. The creation of the bunnies was fast and simple…and tasty. And of course, once she had created the standard bunny, Malia branched out and created an Easter alien. I think it was just an excuse to use an extra chocolate chip. 😜 But seriously, I love that she will still play with her food. Matthew humors me by following my lead, but Malia still employs her creativity to make her creations all her own.




No comments: