Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Rockin’ Like it’s 1699

Nathan has been taking organ lessons this semester. In fact, they have been one of the highlights of his week. His lesson time is early on Monday mornings, and he has loved starting the week that way. His teacher also loved starting the week that way. He is so excited about playing organ and has learned so quickly that his enthusiasm and rapid progress have made him one of her favorites to teach. Almost every Monday morning, around 8:30 a.m., I get a barrage of texts from Nathan expounding on all the cool things he learned in his organ lesson and telling me how much he loves it!

Yesterday evening was the organ recital for all those students taking private organ lessons. Kev drove up for the recital and recorded Nathan’s performance for us since this event was not streamed. I would have liked to attend as well, but the dumb headaches rule my life, and I knew going up would mean a late night and a late night would mean a headache today and so on and so forth. I have to pick and choose which headache triggering events to attend in an attempt to minimize the amount of time I lose to the headaches. Sometimes it is hard. But I digress, again. Suffice it to say that I was unable to attend this particular recital. But Nathan did a great job! He has learned a ton this semester and is looking forward to resuming his lessons in the fall. At that point, he will be taking lessons from the organ professor though, as he has already outstripped his current teacher’s teaching level.

No comments: