For the past few months, Malia has been wanting to play soccer. We missed the deadline for spring soccer at the rec center so when the flyer for summer soccer showed up, we decided we’d let her give it a try. At the very beginning she kind of hung back because she had never played before and had no idea what she was doing, but by the end of the six-game series, she was in the thick of things. In fact, her team won their last game and Malia scored two of their goals. She has enjoyed it and wants to continue to play, but she has decided summer is not her favorite time for soccer because it is too hot. I have to agree with that. Temperatures have been in the high 90’s and that’s not exactly conducive to health and wellbeing for me, so I didn’t get to see any of her games. If she plays in cooler weather, I’ll be able to watch.



No comments:
Post a Comment