Self-Improving Quote of the Day
- "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott
Sunday, April 14, 2019
I’m Not Sure I’m Ready…
This week the first young men of Daniel’s age group from our ward announced their mission calls. Daniel is working on getting his papers in (although it’s actually a digital process now). The fact that my oldest child is going to be leaving home is suddenly getting very real. I know he has anxieties about what his future holds. As his mother, I have anxieties of my own. I’m not notoriously good at handling change. It tends to stress me out. I’ll lay awake at night and worry about all the “what ifs.” One thing I have learned though, is that the Lord is in the details. While things aren’t always easy and life most definitely doesn’t always work out the way we expect, when I let the Lord guide me, things have a tendency to be easier for me. I have a feeling this is going to be a learning experience for my entire family, not just Daniel. I also have a feeling that we are going to need to rely on the Lord to guide us and help us. I’ve never been a mom to a missionary before and honestly, I have no idea how I’m going to handle it. But I do know that these young men are doing important work. And with the recent changes that allow missionaries to call home, our entire family will be involved in the work. So hold on tight. Here comes change, lots of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment