Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Tailored to Each Person’s Needs

I know I say this every time, but General Conference was amazing. One of the things that always strikes me is that the things that stick out to us, the messages that impress us the most, are different for each member of my family. I felt that there was a lot of focus on being responsible for our own learning and teaching our families. I felt greatly impressed about the importance of the Come Follow Me program and how if we use it in our home, we will have greater spiritual protection and guidance in our eternal progression. Nathan heard a lot of things about looking for the light and how to face the future with confidence. It is a tender mercy that the words spoken touch each of us in different ways and that the Spirit helps each one of us learn what we need to learn.

As for how the Come Follow Me program is working for us, I think we’ve got a good routine in place. It lets all of us participate in not only our own learning but provides opportunities for us to teach our family members. It allows the kids to learn and grow without overwhelming them. And It grants each of us the chance to receive the guidance of the Spirit so that we can learn the things we are ready to understand. I occasionally get overwhelmed myself, but then I just need to remind myself that I don’t need to learn everything there is to learn every week. As with all things, line upon line. Here a little and there a little. The Spirit will help me learn what I need to know right now and next time I revisit this portion of the scriptures, hopefully I’ll be prepared to learn a little bit more.

No comments: