This afternoon I went to a quilt class. All the boys went to see airplanes. And everyone was happy.
There was a B-17 and a P-40 (for those of you who don’t know, these are World War II era planes) at the airport. Apparently there is a group of folks who restore these planes and then fly them around the country taking people for rides (for a rather largish fee, of course) and letting people see them and tour the insides. This is a hobby for them, worked around their regular day jobs. Pretty cool (if expensive) hobby. Anyway, I live with a houseful of airplane buffs so they all went off the see the planes. The boys were very excited when they got back and had all kinds of things to tell me about the planes. (As a side note, how many four year olds do you know that know the word "bombardier"? Further proof of how much all my guys like airplanes.)
The boys inside the B-17.
Peeking into the P-40.
Over the years I've learned far more about airplanes than I ever cared to know. I happens when living with a bunch of boys. And today's tidbits were actually pretty interesting stuff. But not interesting enough to make me give up my quilt class to go with them!




No comments:
Post a Comment