In addition to beefing it up on Friday, I got several other things for Mother’s Day. On Thursday Matthew came home from preschool with a card for Mother’s and Father’s Day. It made me laugh out loud.
I think it is particularly ironic that he loves it when I clean the dishes since I haven’t really done that in about five months. As with my pregnancy with Nathan, dirty dishes are a one way trip to nausea central. And I truly wish I could add sewing to our job chart. How nice would it be to be able to say, “Gosh! I have to go quilt now. It says so right on the chart. You guys get started on the bathroom and I’ll catch up with you in a few hours . . .”
On the front of the card there was a cute magnet that had a picture of Matthew’s smiling face. Apparently he has issues cooperating for photos when I’m the one behind the camera but when it is his preschool teacher he is all smiles. Turkey.
Nathan made me a note paper and pen holder and some lovely pens to go with it. And I was also the proud recipient of a jeweled crown hand-crafted by Nathan.
As for the standard chocolate I received at church, I shared it with my family which I think makes me the best mom ever (at least for that particular five minutes).


No comments:
Post a Comment