Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mini Milestone

This morning was Matthew's last day of his first year of preschool.  He has really enjoyed it and has learned a lot, not the least of which is that he has learned to participate in class activities even when he doesn't want to.  For example, last week he painted his hands and his feet to create a work of art and although he didn't want to take his shoes off and stick his feet in paint, he did it anyway.  In September he never would have done that.  So both his teacher and I consider learning to cooperate and participate one of his most valuable skills for the year.

There was a very short program with a couple of songs, nursery rhymes, and counting but Matthew got scared and just stood there looking nervous.  I guess it's a good thing I've heard the entire program over the last few weeks, especially the last song which Matthew 1) has been know to bellow in his bed at night after the lights are out and before he condescends to obey my instructions to close his eyes and go to sleep and 2) was kind enough to sing for the camera as soon as we got home.


Over the past month he has made a book featuring all his friends at preschool and lots of wonderful artwork.  Matthew dedicated his book to "My dad because I like to eat lunch with him."  (We met Kev at work a few weeks ago and ate lunch with him.  Apparently Matthew really enjoyed himself.)  And I also got to see the infamous artwork created with hand, feet, and arm prints.  I told Matthew to show me which one was his . . .


. . . and then told him to smile for Daddy. 


What a cheeseball.  And a totally fun flower!  So preschool is over until September and I'm sure Matthew is not the only one who is going to miss it (no more lone mid-week grocery shopping trips for me).

3 comments:

mistress of chaos said...

and probably no long hot baths anymore, right? Good luck with summertime and BOYS! I am learning that Johnny does not take a nap or go willingly to bed at night unless he has tired himself running, climbing and "flying". Life is beautiful!

Wendy said...

I am looking forward to the days of lone shopping trips. :)

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Today was Lilian's last day of her preschool too. I was sad...even though the little party/program was fun. I savor those 2 Lilian free hours each T, W, and Th. Funny enough, I CAN'T WAIT for my older kids to get out of school. I'm SO done with all the homework and end of year projects.