Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Party Time!

When it comes to parties, I'm not much of a decorator.  If I put up a poster that says "Happy Birthday" I feel like I've totally outdone myself.  But Nathan thinks differently so when he asked if he could decorate, I was happy to spend $2.50 on crepe paper so he could get his decor on.  And he did.  My boys are off-track right now and Nathan spent pretty much the entire day yesterday creating waves, under the sea scenes and Daniel even put his origami-mania to good use by populating Nathan's ocean with all manner of origami sea creatures.



There was even a giant eel slithering out of a big old hole in the stairwell, creeping around the banister...


...and peeking out from under the chair.


Nathan opted for dinner and a movie as party activites (Yay me!  No musical chairs or pinning the tail on anything!) and wanted fish cupcakes to match the under the sea theme.  All the boys helped me turn fruit by the foot into seaweed and stick everything on the cupcakes.  It took us a grand total of about twenty minutes to finish it all.



It was one of the easiest parties I've planned to date and yet everyone had a good time.  Of course, we just barely had enough pizza.  In the future I need to remember that my boys are reaching the age when they can eat their own body weight in pizza.  Multiply that by eleven medium sized bodies and it equals more pizza that I'm accustomed to.  I guess that is a battle I'll be fighting from now right on through the teenage years, so it's probably good to get in the habit of buying more than I think I need!

No comments: