Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, March 31, 2008

Panic Attack!

I had my first allergy related heart attack today. My visiting teacher, who has a son just about Matthew's age, was here. We were chatting and all of a sudden I looked over and Matthew had her son's bottle in his mouth. I don't think I have ever moved that fast in all my life. I took the bottle away before he even had a chance to tip it back. Thank goodness. I would really hate it if I had to call the pharmacy to order a refill of his EpiPen less than an hour after I picked up the first one. That would definitely take me out of the running for the Best Mom of the Year award. Of course, the fact that I hardly ever comb my kids' hair (one of the benefits of having only boys) will probably keep me from Perfect Mom status anyway. But who wants to be perfect? I would much rather be entertaining!

Speaking of entertaining, Daniel brought home the proofs of his spring pictures today. I had an excellent mom moment because I did not laugh. At least I did not laugh until later when Kev was home and Daniel was in the shower so he couldn't hear us.

5 comments:

Parrylarious said...

LOL for hours! Good job Shauna for not laughing until he couldn't hear you. He is an adorable boy, however. All I want to know is....are you ordering a package of pictures from this proof!!!

Ha, ha, ha! Thanks for sharing!

Patti said...

Oh my heck! I don't know if I could have kept from laughing immediately! I hereby nominate you for good parenting moment of the day!

Tiff Keetch said...

Aww.. poor Daniel. lol That face is classic. You need at least one copy...

You could always get the primary picture from Melissa and send it out to family and friends :) At least he would be proud of the spiderman bandaid :)

Melissa E Photography said...

Shauna, do you want to hear something so sad? Well, I had your blog saved wrong on my blog-updater thingy and I have not seen an update on your blog for a month! I have been missing out on your wittiness for that long! It has been fun catching up and I'm not going through withdrawal anymore. Phew!

Esther said...

Daniel's picture made me laugh out loud . . . and immediately think of two things: "Now I'm going to unscrew my smile!" and "I'm going to get you!!!"