I bought a cute new pair of shoes today. They weren't available in a wide width, so I had to go up half a size. That happens to me all the time. I have these short, fat little feet that are hard to fit into cute skinny shoes. Now these shoes are very springy-meaning they remind me of warm weather, lighter spring clothing, and an imminent release from the need for socks. I really like them. I would really like to have something new and cute to wear them with. Easy enough, you say. Just go shopping. But that's the part I hate.You see, I am not any easy size to fit. I am just under 5'3", which makes me a petite. And yes. There are tons of cute clothes for petites out there. However, I am also very curvy. And almost every petite-sized piece of clothing I have every seen is designed for super-skinny-with-no-curves-and-short rather than for womanly-curves-and-just-happens-to-be-short-also. It is extremely frustrating. When I shop, I see all these adorable things and rush to try them on. But if I am shopping in the women's department, everything is too long, sagging in my torso area so I look even chubbier than I am. If I am shopping in the petites' department, nothing will close over my womanly chest. I spend my life trying not to trip on pants that are too long, continually pushing up my sleeves that are too long, and trying to keep my waistband from hanging on my actual waist because then the crotch of my pants is down between my knees. It is very discouraging.
At least I know how to sew. Now if only I could find patterns for the super cute clothes (rather than the matronly and figure killing tunics) in the size I need!
No comments:
Post a Comment