Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, March 13, 2008

May the Force Be With You


I was at a friend's house last night and she was telling me how cute Matthew is, which face it, I love to hear. She went on to admire his big brown eyes and chubby cheeks, all of which remind her of a cute fuzzy ewok. I can see her point. There is a similarity in face shape and

coloring (although Matthew is not as hairy). And he is definitely mischievous, as most one year olds (and ewoks) are. For instance, he really likes shoes. He will wait until no one is looking and then scamper on over to the shoe rack to play. I cannot seem to prevent his from pulling the insoles out of my shoes, but at least he doesn't try to gnaw on them anymore. Apparently Dr. Scholl's insoles are gellin' on the gums as well as the feet. He also has a love for books, especially the ones that aren't his. He pulls them off the shelf, puts them back, and pulls them down again. At least he is fairly careful. He only pulled a couple of pages out of Gone With the Wind, and they were hanging by a thread anyway. He loves music, as evidenced by his inability to leave the CD's on the shelf. And he makes the big boys crazy by wreaking havoc on whatever they are working on. All he needs to do is learn to climb trees and fight the Alliance and we'll be all set.

But then again, perhaps he more closely resembles Darth Vader. Hmmm. I wonder how long it would take him to learn that whole mouth breathing thing.

3 comments:

Patti said...

Luke! I am your father!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Parrylarious said...

I think Matthew is adorable as well. I love reading your blog. It's so great!!!! So many things you say I laugh and then think "I get that!"

Tiff Keetch said...

Good thing he's still too young to get his feelings hurt.. I think I would cry if someone told me I look like Chewbacca. :)