As I mentioned yesterday, our schedule in December has been increasingly hectic. Despite that, my kiddos all have Christmas activities and traditions that they want to be on hand for. In our attempts to juggle school, work, band, church, and family activities, we decided that our annual gingerbread day was going to occur after Christmas so that we could actually enjoy it rather than feeling like we were just cramming in one more obligation. Today is Christmas (observed), so I guess that technically we did gingerbread on Christmas!
When I asked everyone if they had a preferred gingerbread theme (big houses, mini houses, giant gingerbread, etc.), most of my kids were noncommittal. But Nathan really wanted to make ninja-bread men, so we broke out the piping bags and created an army of tasty non-pacifists. We all had fun designing our little fighters, but Nathan went above and beyond and made his cookies fight each other. I think it was hilarious!
We also enjoyed a little taste of Texas today and made Texas style sausage kolaches. We all liked them as they were very tasty, but Nathan was the happiest of all. It put a little “yeehaw” back in his step!






No comments:
Post a Comment