Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, July 7, 2022

International Eats-Spain

Tonight’s dinner took us to Spain. Although paella is the dish that comes to mind first when I think of Spanish food, it is much too labor intensive for me right now. So I did some searching and found something different. I was initially really excited to try the Spanish cod stew and Spanish paprika and garlic carrots. The stew is definitely a departure from what we normally eat, combining familiar ingredients in a very different dish. However, I have to say that this evening’s meal was not a success. The stew was…ok. Kev and I could eat it, but we would not choose it if we had other options. Matthew and Malia tasted it and that was about it. So big flop on that one. The carrots were also…ok. Matthew liked them but I think the rest of us were of the option that we could eat them but would much prefer our carrots in a different dish. So a medium flop on that one.

I had such high hopes for Spain. Maybe I’ll give it another try with a different dish. Or maybe I’ll move on to another country. We still have quite a long list of countries to sample, after all.


Cod Stew Rating: 1 fork
Paprika and Garlic Carrots: 1 ½ forks

No comments: