Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, June 26, 2022

Here Comes the Parade

After three years of waiting, Matthew has finally made it high school and marching band! He had three days of band camp this week in preparation for yesterday’s parade. When Daniel did summer band they marched in multiple parades, but Matthew, who is in a different school, just did the one in our own little town. He had a great time and worked some different muscles. This little peek at marching has him very excited to get started in fall marching band which will start at the end of July.



Last night was also the annual fireworks show and family gathering with Kevin’s clan. I skipped out due to a week’s worth of headaches and late nights, but everyone else had fun. Malia was, as always, pleased as punch to spend some time with her girl cousins. Daniel and Matthew used the remaining daylight to play a little frisbee. Even Nathan was able to join in the festivities by calling to talk to Kev’s mom for a few minutes. With the current missionary contact rules, they are allowed to call for big family events as well as the major holidays and weekly calls, so it was all perfectly legal. I think everyone had a great time and while I would have liked to be there, I got some much need sleep.


No comments: