I saw a t-shirt once that read “I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain.” I wish I had purchased that shirt, because today would be a great day to wear it. It would perfectly describe my feelings about the continuing saga of our fridge.
When last I posted, the replacement parts for the repair of our brand-new fridge were on order. They arrived in due time and the repairman was scheduled to complete the repair today. Ivan, our repair guy, showed up right on time and proceeded to get started. He pulled out the faulty compressor, unpacked the new one to replace it, and discovered that it was the wrong part. It was a compressor, but the wrong revision and would not work. So he contacted his office, was told that there was another compressor in the right revision in the shop, and drove over to get it. An hour later he showed back up at our door and five minutes after that he discovered that the second compressor did not work either. It was significantly bigger than the original which meant it wouldn’t fit. Poor Ivan. He was so frustrated that I suspect if there were not actual customers involved, he might have started cussing in his thick, eastern European accent. He is only as good as the information he is given and when all the spec sheets show that a part fits when it really doesn’t, he is the one in the line of fire. He contacted the office again and they contacted the fridge manufacturer directly. The correct part was identified, and we were informed that it can be here in another 3ish days.
What that means is that our fridge, which was not working well before but was at least keeping our food adequately cool is no longer functioning at all. It is compressor-less, unplugged, and acting like a hugely expensive stainless-steel paperweight. So once again we are pulling out the ice chests and transferring food. At least we still have the mini fridge that was lent to us to keep the dairy products cold. We are going to owe our friends a steak dinner after all this.
And poor Ivan. He was so worried about leaving us with no fridge. I hope they at least pay him well.
No comments:
Post a Comment