And when I say cookie, I mean cookies. Plural. So. Many. Cookies.
Today was cookie baking day in preparation for hosting friends and family when Nathan speaks in sacrament meeting in a couple of weeks. In honor of where he will serve his mission as well as his mission language, we have Texas shaped cookies and hand cookies forming a variety of common hand gestures and ASL letters. I made all the cookie dough in advance, so our four hours in the kitchen today was cutting and baking time. Now we have a couple of hundred cookies that will get tossed in the freezer for now. I don’t usually do labor intensive cut out cookies when I’m baking for this many people, but Nathan and I had a fantastic time creating all these goodies. And the cookies turned out super cute. It was well worth the effort.
As a side note, Nathan is my Sesame Street kid. When the cookie dough was mixed and colored, it reminded him of Cookie Monster and Elmo. It might be a bit morbid to say it looked like a couple of bowls full of Muppets, but I think he’s right. 😂
No comments:
Post a Comment