Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, September 27, 2019

She Did the Math

This evening I told Malia that it would just be the two of us home tomorrow morning. She asked where Kevin, Matthew and Nathan would be, and I explained their various morning adventures. Then she said, “And Daniel’s still on his mission. Tomorrow it will be day four. That means he will have 726 days left.”

I’m equal parts proud of her mad math skills and touched at how much he is in her mind. She put a note to him in today’s mail. I’m the mom and if I’m not careful, she’s going to make me look bad. Guess I’d better get my act together and get something ready to send. It should probably be some taco seasoning packets. As we’ve talked about simple meals Daniel can cook, he asked about the spices we use to season tacos. I make my own taco seasoning because not only is it much cheaper, but taco seasoning often has milk in it which doesn’t work for Matthew. My kiddo, who has grown up in a “cooked from scratch” household, is about to get a crash course in prepared foods.😜

No comments: