Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Eight is Great! (Part 3)

Over the years, I’ve made a lot of boy themed birthday cakes. We’re talking trains, cars, airplanes, superheroes, dinosaurs, outer space, pretty much every typical boy thing. With three sons, it was kind of unavoidable. As such, creating some girly birthday cakes has been super fun. Making this year’s cake was just like one big long play date between me and my baking implements. 😉 And I completely approve of Malia’s flavor choices-vanilla cake with raspberry filling. Yum!


More important than all of that, Malia loved it. She was perfectly pleased with how everything turned out. My mom made fun cakes for me when I was young, and I’m so glad that this is something I can do for my kids. I enjoy it and having a one of a kind cake is one of the ways I can let my kids know that they are one of a kind as well. So happy birthday, Malia! I’m so glad to have another girl to help balance out all the boy stuff in my life!





No comments: