Last night was Daniel’s last high school dance. While there is a senior dinner dance later this month, it is on the same night as his final wind symphony concert so he will not be able to go. He isn’t bummed by that though. He just took his favorite gal to prom instead. She’s also in wind symphony so it worked well for both of them.
The day date was mostly a bust since Kierra had a baptism, but the main event in the evening was fun for him. The boys cooked dinner, which I think is fantastic, with Daniel providing the main dish. I’m so proud that my boys have actually paid attention to what I’ve taught them in the kitchen. I don’t think any of them would starve if they had to fend for themselves for a while. In fact, the dish Daniel prepared (Italian Herb Roasted Chicken) is one he has cooked for past dances and it must have been well received since it was on the menu again. 😊 After dinner they went to the dance and then had dessert and watched a movie afterward.
One of the fun things about Daniel’s high school dances has been his fancy ties. Not only does he coordinate with his date’s dress (which is pretty normal), he also ties them in fancy ways, frequently using two ties to create an apparel work of art. This time was no exception. Kierra gave him the pink tie and he added a black and silver one to up the wow factor. It was an eye-catching combination.
I think I’m feeling more nostalgic about the last dance of his high school experience than Daniel is. It seems to me that this is another ending for him. I mean, I know colleges hold dances too, but I never went to a formal dance while I was in college. I don’t know what is normal for his university of choice and I most certainly don’t know what he will do if a formal is an option, but in my mind, this is one of the first “last times” for him. I’m so glad he has taken advantage of his time and has gone to as many dances as he has. I only went to a handful while I was in high school, one of the disadvantages of the being the girl all the boys were friends with, but he has gone to most of the ones held during both his junior and senior years. Of course, having a steady sweetheart helps with that, but still. I don’t think he’ll leave high school with many regrets about things he didn’t do.




No comments:
Post a Comment