Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, May 19, 2019

Ready to Roll

Nathan’s birthday is coming up. Due to the fact that we will be on vacation on the day of our next regularly scheduled Sunday dinner at my folks’ house, we celebrated his birthday today. As my kids have gotten older and their interests have matured, I’ve made fewer and fewer fancy cakes. But I got to make a fancy cake today, and honestly, I had more fun making this one than I did with many of the others. Part of it was Nathan’s enthusiasm for the whole adventure. The rest was just the fact that it was a hilarious cake.

Nathan will be turning sixteen and unlike Daniel, who took his time and approached driving with a goodly dose of fear inspired by all the driver’s ed videos that enumerated the multitude of ways in which you can die in a fiery car crash, he cannot wait until he can legally operate a motor vehicle without a parent. He is counting down the days. Literally. As such, this cake is appropriate…and highly entertaining.




So happy almost birthday! And here’s hoping he doesn’t make his cake a reality in a few weeks! (He’s actually a really careful driver, I just have to harass him. 😂)

No comments: