Apparently, it has become a known fact that Daniel and Nathan are very musically inclined. Not only are they both participating in the Christmas sacrament meeting in multiple capacities, but they were asked to perform for the ward Christmas party as well. This year the party was a breakfast with a short program at the end during which Daniel and Nathan played a couple of numbers. They were happy to give their time, Daniel just had to rush out afterward to make it to a band event.
Malia was thrilled to be able to have a tete-a-tete with Santa during the party. She is fully aware that there is no possible way that he is giving her a horse for Christmas, but she had to toss in the request anyway. She had several other things on her wish list, things that are probably more likely to show up in her stocking. We’ll have to wait and see what Santa decides to bring!
After moving from Murray, the infrequency of ward parties out here has been a change. The Christmas party and the July block party are the only two parties the ward has each year. I kind of miss the camaraderie and sense of belonging the more frequent parties fostered, but I think my kids enjoy the parties and hopefully they will have fond memories of these ward events like I do of the frequent gatherings I attended growing up.


No comments:
Post a Comment