Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, December 21, 2018

Seasonal Eats-Part III

Today held two separate holiday foods. I spent a good portion of the day making Chinese pretzels with my mom and my sister Rachael. Pretzels only happen once, maybe twice, a year. They are a bit labor intensive, but they are a treat looked forward to all year by many of my parents’ friends and neighbors. And the family, of course.



I actually haven’t made pretzels for years because they are too much work for a treat that Matthew can’t eat. But my mom has become a food allergy Rockstar and last year she figured out how to make egg free pretzels that are Matthew friendly. I’m so grateful! And Matthew loves them! He gets his own separate bucket of pretzels, something no one else gets. The rest of us have to share. 😉 Matthew needs to label his so that no one else dips in and he is deadly serious about the whole thing.


Our second festive food today was garlic bread made into a fancy Christmas star. I’m totally proud of myself. It looks amazing and is tasty too! It shouldn’t necessarily taste better because it looks amazing, but I kind of think it does!


So merry eating to all, and to all a good meal!

No comments: