Today was the yearly geography bee at the elementary school. After winning last year, Matthew studied hard and was intent on doing well again. However, sometimes the outcome of these things completely depends on which questions you get asked. As I watched Matthew, I could tell me knew the answers to most of the questions the other kids were asked. Unfortunately, when his turn rolled around, the questions presented had him completely stumped. He was eliminated after about three rounds.
He was enormously disappointed. I don’t blame him. It’s never easy to perform poorly when you feel you have prepared well, and it’s even harder when it all comes down to simple luck…or lack thereof. We stopped at Smith’s on our way home so he could do some emotional eating. While I don’t condone eating your feelings all the time, sometimes a big dish of (dairy free) ice cream is just what the doctor ordered.
No comments:
Post a Comment