Self-Improving Quote of the Day
- "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
A Tender Mercy
This evening I took dinner to one of the ladies I visit teach. She just had a baby, so food was in order. This is by no means an out of the ordinary event, but she has Celiac disease and can’t eat any gluten so there was a need for some careful planning and cooking. The out of the ordinary part of the experience was all on my side. For the first time ever, I felt a rush of gratitude for Matthew’s allergies. I’m not grateful that he has them, of course, but I’m incredibly grateful that all the struggles we’ve had have helped me be able to serve someone else who is in a similar situation. This is one of those all too infrequent moments when I can actually see how my trials have brought some good into my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment