l-r: My dad-age 15, Daniel-age 15, My dad-age 13, Nathan-age 13
Those pics were taken when my dad was just the ages that Daniel and Nathan are currently. Daniel doesn't look much like my dad in his face (my brother, Adam, however is another story) but the way he stands, his posture, the shape of his body are very similar. As for Nathan, his resemblance is all in the face. It's not as noticeable in the picture we took specifically for this card, but if you could see Nathan in the second just before his smile is full, he looks even more like the picture of my dad (minus the glasses and the fact that my dad's face is thinner-one of the results of doing the hard physical labor required of a farm boy).
So I guess these kids really do belong to us. However, they would have no idea what to do if I dropped then at a farm and told them to get to work. City boys vs. country boy. I think the lives my boys lead are very different than the one my dad had growing up, but I also think they would have to look pretty hard to find a better role model.

No comments:
Post a Comment