Today was Thanksgiving Point. We started at the dinosaur museum. We’ve been there a number of times, but not recently enough that Malia remembers. And Matthew has been introducing her to Dinosaur Train. And she asked me today what can eat a “dinosaur rex.” So it was pretty exciting for her. Another $80 saved. Ka-ching.
(How my kids behave for other people)
(How my kids behave for me)
After lunch we headed to the Museum of Natural Curiosity. I’d never been to this particular museum before so I was pretty excited. Kev and the kids have been because his sister and her hubby work for the architectural firm that designed the place and they had a preview day last year before it opened. They all had a great time but not all the exhibits were finished then so they were pretty excited too. So here’s the scoop: it’s like a super rockin’ children’s museum. It has more stuff than the children’s museum downtown. And it is fun for a larger variety of age groups. So to accommodate all our different kids, we sent Daniel and Nathan to explore on their own, Kevin took Matthew and I shadowed Malia.
Daniel and Nathan spent a good 45 minutes in the section that explores optical illusions.
Malia loved the part that was like a little city. She was particularly fond of the theater. She spent a good 25 minutes in there. She dressed up, turned on some music and did a little dance for me. Then she added some pieces to her costume and danced again. Of course her dance skills are pretty lacking, but she had fun. (I’ll have to find her some dance lessons once we’re finished paying for preschool.)
Matthew loved the ginormous jungle gym section. I think it is about three stories high. He was crawling in and out of places like a little monkey and ended up climbed all the way to the top.
I think all the kids could have spent more time there than we did. We will definitely make our way back. And if we’re lucky we’ll be able to save another $80. Bonus.
Two day outing total cost: Zero. Zilch. Nada. Gain measured in family time and fun: Loads.






No comments:
Post a Comment