Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day Off For the Holiday

We like the 4th of July around here. There are just so many fun things to do that include red, white and blue. This year our holiday was a bit different than usual. We were invited to a shindig my Kevin’s manager so instead of our own evening festivities we partook of food and fun elsewhere. As a result, some of our patriotic traditions were set aside. We didn’t do the tri-colored beverages (which Nathan missed), the red, white and blue dessert (which I was actually okay with as I’ve been feeling pretty crazed of late), and our own little fireworks show with sparklers and poppers (which I actually missed but not until it was too late to do anything about it). We did have a patriotic breakfast and we made some fun flag inspired shirts.


In spite of some of simplifying our day, we still had fun. And I’m already thinking about what kind of shirts to do with the kids next year…

June and July is also parade season which has come to mean marching band season for Daniel. He has marched in six parades in the past month, the last of which was this morning. I think it’s great that he has found something that he enjoys so much.

No comments: