Today is Matthew’s birthday. It is a pretty important day because in our family, when you turn five you are old enough to have your own library card. And since the library is his favorite place, this is a pretty big deal for Matthew. As soon as the library was open this morning, we got that most important task taken care of. Matthew knows just how to check out books and he was super excited to check them out on his very own, brand new library card.
Kevin's mom came by and brought Matthew some nice new Sunday clothes, a set of look and find books, and a dinosaur book. Kev and I picked out a set of Dinosaur Train Megabloks (think Lego but a different brand) and some glow in the dark Dinosaur Train dinos. He also got Hot Wheels sized Mater and Finn McMissile from Cars 2. He was pretty darn excited about everything.
On this occasion, let me share a few tidbits about Matthew:
His favorite place is the library.
His favorite color is white.
His favorite color is white.
His favorite number is 100.
His favorite food is chicken nuggets.
His favorite book, t.v. show, and movie are all Dinosaur Train.
When he grows up he wants to be a dad.
He still won’t stand on the rectangle at preschool.
He is learning to read and is pretty darn pleased with himself.
He loves Malia…a lot.
He is really responsible and careful where his allergies are concerned.
He loves preschool.
He loves to help me cook.
He is a great helper.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, life would be boring without this kid. But he keeps us from getting too serious, which we definitely need at times!





2 comments:
First of all.. let me say What THE? He's FIVE already? Where did the time go?
Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, I think it's amazing that of all the places in the whole world, he chose his favorite to be the library. :)
Can I just say, I really kind of love the fact that he refuses to stand on the rectangle at preschool?? :) It just cracks me up!!
Post a Comment