This morning was our ward Christmas party. In this ward it is traditional to have a breakfast so we headed over to the church for pancakes, eggs, sausage, and cinnamon rolls. Matthew and I brought our own cinnamon rolls and juice since we are the dietarily restricted ones in the family. (At least mine is only temporary. I cannot tell you how much I miss cheese...) In addition to breakfast, they had a service project (cleaning nursery toys) and a family activity (making a family home evening kit). It was different than the usual food and program party that we usually get and I really enjoyed it.
The highlight of the morning, of course, was a visit with Santa. Nathan declined to sit on his lap, standing across the room and grinning at him instead. Matthew would not sit on Santa's lap either, but after some convincing he agreed to at least whisper in Santa's ear what he wants for Christmas.
Matthew wants a dinosaur train with the stations just like on Dinosaur Train. I'm pretty sure Santa may have something else in mind, but Matthew does have a birthday coming up so we'll just have to see how it all turns out. Malia didn't cry when we introduced her to Santa, but the look on her face tells me she wasn't too sure about the whole thing. I'm pretty sure all she wants for Christmas is a clean diaper, a full tummy and plenty of attention.


No comments:
Post a Comment