Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cuisine

A few years ago, I discovered that if I make a creepy meal on Halloween, my kids will actually eat a halfway decent dinner before heading out for trick or treating.  Somewhere along the way, I discovered that I really enjoy creating these special dinners for them.  Yesterday morning we had Jack-o-Lantern pumpkin pancakes and tonight was our typical themed dinner.  Nathan started asking what we would have way back in September, but I never tell them until Halloween night.  That way the suspense gets to them and makes everything extra exciting.  This year’s offerings were all pretty tasty and the boys enjoyed it…except that Matthew was scared to eat the brain.  I don’t know if it was because it is just gross to think about or if it is an unknown food and he had a food allergy scare a couple of weeks ago.  Either way, I have to give Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese another point.  It was tasty in the jell-o.  And it made the brain look extra gross.



No comments: