Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Amping Up His Brain Power

This morning Matthew told me he wanted to make a thinking chair.  What's a thinking chair, you may ask?  Besides the obvious (a chair to sit in while thinking), I asked Matthew and he told me it is where Steve sits to think about what he can make.  With a few more comments about sitting in the chair and thinking about clues, I realized we were referencing Blues Clues.  Anyway, Matthew wanted a thinking chair.  So I told him he could use pillows from downstairs instead of the cushions from the furniture, helped him scout out a location that would be beneficial to the structural integrity of a thinking chair, and gave him some tips on how to arrange the pillows.


When I asked him what he was thinking about, he said, "F-14's."  Ahhh.  Airplanes.  There are not many better things to think about if you are a four year old boy.  Or a thirty-four year old boy...

No comments: