Self-Improving Quote of the Day

  • "Love is making space in your life for someone else."--Niell F. Marriott

Friday, September 9, 2011

Staples Are Faster Than Stitches

It’s true.  With stitches they have to very carefully take each stitch, tie off the sutures, clip the threads, repeat, repeat, repeat.  With staples it’s just ka-chunk! Ka-chunk! Ka-chunk!  And you’re done.  With some medical grade staples of my very own right now, I can tell you that the sound of the stapler is one of the things about the surgery that I very clearly remember.  Add to that my layer of Dermabond (the medical grade super glue) and all the finish work was pretty darn speedy.  After falling off a couch in our next door neighbor’s garage and cracking his head open on the cement this afternoon, Matthew was pretty freaked out. But the repair work was all over much faster than the stitches two years ago.


He did not, however, like the whole irrigating and cleaning of the wound.  They used one of those big old syringes to shoot the water on his head and he told Kev that he didn’t like the “punchy water.”  After two weeks in the hospital, two doctor’s appointments this week and a trip to the instacare, I really could use a break from the health care industry.  Don’t get me wrong.  I really like our health care providers and they’ve taken good care of all of us lately, but I really could do without seeing them for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Marilyn Barney said...

At least the emergency room doesn't have a room named after your family!